LiveCompare 3.9.4 Release 2 includes the following new features:
- A problem with Smart Form comparisons has been resolved, where attributes for component objects were not shown for SAP systems with kernel releases 740 and above.
- A problem with Smart Form comparisons has been resolved, where the code associated with a Smart Form was not compared correctly.
- A problem with the Smart Impact App has been resolved, which caused a performance problem in the App’s Analyze Roles workflow if a large set of User Statistics was supplied.
- A problem has been resolved which caused an overflow error when converting very large fixed point values with 0 scale.
LiveCompare 3.9.4 includes the following new features:
- The PacDsm App has been renamed as Package Disassembler.
- The Smart Impact App’s Impactful Objects spreadsheet includes a CHANGE_ID column which identifies the transport that includes the impacting object.
- The Smart Impact App has been optimized so that it does not read SAP role tables if there are no impacted roles.
- The Smart Impact App’s Test Details worksheet incudes a HAS_DATA column. This column is set to ‘Y’ for Tosca test cases that match affected data, and to <blank> for Tosca test cases that do not match affected data. Affected data is defined by the key fields of rows that are different, in the Analysis system only, or in the Comparison system only.
- The Test Audit App has been updated to support Tosca, qTest ALM Test Repositories. Additionally the App uses daily usage audit (DUA) data retrieved from the QA system, and reports on test executions matching the supplied Most-at-risk objects.
- The Smart Insights workflow in the Impact Analysis templates folder analyzes the results produced by the Smart Impact App or workflow, and produces a Dashboard report that summarizes the most-at-risk objects and their test coverage, the used objects and their test coverage, the used objects by their object type, and the test gaps by their object type. The workflow should be scheduled to run each month.
- The Generate Insight Data for Pilots workflow in the Tools templates package generates randomized Smart Impact data for the specified number of months. The data is used by the Smart Insights workflow.
- The SmartImpact_RevTrac workflow in the Rev-Trac Integration templates folder allows the Smart Impact Analysis workflow to be run as a web service. It replaces the LCIA_RevTrac workflow.
- The RFC Performance workflow in the Tools templates folder has been updated to report on the SAP database size, the size of the allocated database space, the SAP log size, and the size of the allocated SAP log space for each RFC Destination.
- The Get SAP System Components workflow from the Tools templates folder is no longer available.
- The ‘US East 2’ region has been added to the Create S3 Bucket screen.
- Filter Test Cases actions filter Tosca test cases returned by the Search Test Repository action to find the test cases that match the test data returned by the Create Object Differences Report action.
- Search Test Execution actions search the specified Tosca, qTest or ALM Test Repository to find test execution items.
- The Create Object Differences Report action includes a TestData Table dataset that stores affected data. Affected data is defined by the key fields of rows that are different, in the first compared system only (added data), or in the second compared system only. This dataset may be used by the Filter Test Cases action to find the test cases that match the affected data.
- The Write S3 Bucket action has been updated to allow AWS URLs beginning with https to be written to.
- A problem has been resolved which caused some packed decimal table fields to be rounded when read from SAP.
- SAP table files with INTTYPE = 8 (8 byte integer fields) are supported in this release.
- If a Tosca Test Repository is specified for the Search Test Repository action, both SapEngine and API modules are searched to find matching test assets.
- If a qTest Test Repository is specified for the Search Test Repository action, both standard and custom test case fields are searched to find matching test assets.
- If timeout errors occur when connected to a Tosca Test Repository, the Tosca REST client timeout value may be configured by means of a registry setting on the LiveCompare server.
Daily Usage Audits
- An RFC Destination’s DUA tab allows performance history data to be retrieved on a daily basis.
- The Read DUA Data action reads daily usage audit data retrieved in the DUA tab.
- Table Key Table Contents reports have been simplified. In particular, only differences in the compared table key table contents are shown rather than a complete table contents comparison.
- Table Key Table Contents reports have been updated to include consolidated HTML reports showing data differences for each of the changed tables.
- Table Key Table Contents where the selected rows have no differences are not included in Object Differences reports.
- The legend for a Dashboard Report treemap shows the number of objects in each category. In the Smart Impact App’s results, this allows the most-at-risk objects to be identified easily.
- The performance when drawing Dashboard Report treemaps has been improved, in particular when using the Zoom functions.
ABAP Quality Rules
- The ‘Select statements that do not use an active index’ quality rule in the Performance category identifies SELECT statements referring to SAP tables that do not use an active index.
- The Home and App Cockpit screens include a book icon which links to LiveCompare tutorial videos from the Tricentis Academy channel.
- App email notifications sent using the Variant screen’s ‘Distribute Results’ field include the name of the variant that was run.
- The Home screen has been simplified.
- LiveCompare’s license files have names of the form <Company Name>_<Machine ID>_<Expiration Date>.xml.
- A problem with the Smart Impact App has been resolved, which caused a runtime error when clicking some hyperlinks in the App’s Excel report.
- When the Copy Test Plans action is used to create a test plan folder structure in the target project, the Result dataset’s STATUS column is set to ‘Created or reused TARGET_TEST_PLAN_PATH’.
- A problem with the Find Object Links, Uses What and Where Used actions has been resolved, where these actions failed to find dependency links between tables and views.
- A problem with the Run Web Service action has been resolved, which prevented internet web services from being run.
- A problem with the Search Test Repository action has been resolved, where the Search Paths parameter was not used when the Use Cache parameter was set to true.
A problem with the Search Test Repository action has been resolved for Tosca Test Repositories, where the action’s underlying program expected a SearchRoots rather than a SearchPaths parameter.
- The Write S3 Bucket action generates an error (rather than crashing) if an empty Key parameter is supplied.
- A problem with Dashboard Report treemaps has been resolved where categories without data caused display errors when filtering the data using the legend check boxes.
- A problem has been resolved which prevented Dashboard Report treemaps from being displayed in Internet Explorer 11.
- The Configuring LiveCompare to Run Using HTTPS/SSL help topic describes how to set the secure attribute on LiveCompare’s ASP.NET_SessionId cookie.
- App definitions have been updated to have unique HTML DOM ids.