The Heal Tests App retrieves modules with scanned SAPGUI screens from the specified Tosca Test Repository, and compares the screens on a Source and Comparison SAP system. The App creates virtual folders in the specified Test Repository to identify ‘sick’ modules and test cases.
- Modules that refer to SAP screens that are different in the compared SAP systems are stored in a virtual folder named Sick Modules - <timestamp>.
- Test Cases that refer to one or more sick modules are stored in a virtual folder named Sick TestCases - <timestamp>.
Sick modules may cause test cases to fail if they reference screens that have changed in SAP. To repair a sick module in Tosca, it may be necessary to rescan its associated screen on the Comparison SAP system.
The Heal Tests App supports Tosca Test Repositories only, and requires Tosca version 13.3 or above.
Running the App
To run the Heal Tests App, select the App from the Apps screen and create an App variant.
- Set the ‘Test Repository’ field to a Tosca Test Repository.
- Set the ‘Source System’ field to the RFC Destination for the source or As-Is system.
- Set the ‘Comparison System’ field to the RFC Destination for the comparison or To-Be system.
- Set the ‘Modules Root Path’ field to the path of the root Modules folder in the specified Tosca Test Repository.
- Set the ‘Test Cases Root Path’ field to the path of the root Test Cases folder in the specified Tosca Test Repository.
Click ‘Run’. When the variant has completed, its results may be accessed from the App Cockpit screen.
The Heal Tests App generates a Dashboard report which includes the following chart:
- The Sick and Healthy Tests column chart indicates the number of sick and healthy modules in the specified Test Repository.
When the App has completed, the specified Test Repository will include the following virtual folders.
- Sick Modules - <timestamp>: This folder stores modules whose scanned SAPGUI screens are different on the Source and Comparison systems. In Tosca, these screens may need to be rescanned on the Comparison SAP system to pick up the screen differences.
- Sick TestCases - <timestamp>: This folder stores test cases that refer to one or more sick modules.