LiveCompare requires a software license in order to allow Apps, workflows and workflow actions to be run. Checking LiveCompare’s license status, requesting a license key and installing the license key must be performed by a user with administrator privileges. Note that if LiveCompare is installed on a machine that does not already have a LiveCompare license, a license key that runs for 30 days will be installed automatically.
Checking the License Status
To check LiveCompare’s license status:
- Select the Administration folder in the LiveCompare hierarchy.
- In the Administration screen’s Maintenance section, click ‘License Status’.
- The License Status screen displays LiveCompare’s current license status.
Requesting a License Key
To request a license key:
- Click ‘Request License’ in the License Status screen. The Request License screen is displayed.
- Copy the text in the frame into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a license file named <Company Name>_<Machine ID>_<Expiration Date>.xml, which contains your license key. Save the file to a folder on your machine.
Installing the License Key
To install the license key:
- Click ‘Install License’ in the License Status screen. The Install License screen is displayed.
- Click ‘Choose File’, browse for the license file saved to your machine, and click ‘Open’.
- Click ‘Install’ to install the license file. The License Status screen displays the current license status.