An External Web Service is accessible via a remote URL, and normally includes one or more operations that may be invoked. If you have LiveCompare Editor privileges, an External Web Service may be run from a workflow by carrying out the following steps:
- Determine the URL for the Web Service and the name of the operation to be called.
- Create a new workflow and add a Run Web Service action to it.
- Configure the action using the Configure Web Service Wizard.
- Select the Run Web Service action so that it is displayed in the Property Editor.
- Set values for the action’s input properties and create datasets for the action’s output properties.
- Run the workflow and examine the contents of its output datasets.