LiveCompare 3.9.3 includes the following new features:
- The Smart Impact App identifies an optimal (most-at-risk) set of used executables which when tested will exercise each of the changing objects. The analysis is driven by the changing objects and by a set of used objects obtained from a Performance History system.
- The Smart Impact App identifies impacted print programs triggered by output determination. Print programs are read from table TNAPR and given a usage count of 1.
- The following Apps are no longer available in this release. They have been replaced by the Smart Impact App: Impact, Impact with Tosca Integration, Impact for Custom Release, Impact for Custom Release with Tosca Integration.
- The Component Impact Analysis App is no longer available.
- The Create Test Repository Cache workflow in the Impact Analysis package reads performance history data from the specified RFC Destination, and searches the specified Test Repository to find test assets that match the used objects. The matching test assets are then written to a cache associated with the Test Repository.
- The Smart Impact Analysis workflow in the Impact Analysis package analyzes the impact of change on your SAP system to find the most-at-risk objects. The analysis is driven by the changing objects and by a set of used objects obtained from a Performance History system.
- The Smart Impact Analysis workflow replaces the Large Change Impact Analysis workflow, which is no longer available.
The Copy Test Plans action has been updated to allow target test plan folders to be specified in the Source table. These folders are created underneath the target folder if they do not already exist.
- The Generic WGI Call action includes a Package property, which allows the appropriate WGI package to be selected.
- The Get Performance History Data action reads usage data for UI5 BSP Applications if this has been configured for an RFC Destination.
- The Read HTML Table action has been updated to support URLs beginning with HTTPS.
- The RFC Signature Builder Wizard converts the supplied function name to uppercase.
- The LiveCompare core transport includes a function named /ICORP/RFC_GET_CHANGE_LOGS2. The purpose of this function is to extract the LOGDATA field from table DBTABLOG.
- CDS Views (DDLS) are supported in this release for SAP kernel releases 750 and above.
- Test Repositories allow LiveCompare to connect to Tosca, qTest, HP ALM, Azure DevOps and Certify projects.
- Tosca Workspace parameters and datasets are no longer available. They have been replaced by Test Repository parameters and datasets.
- Quality Center Project parameters and datasets are no longer available. They have been replaced by Test Repository parameters and datasets.
When upgrading from an earlier release of LiveCompare, any existing Tosca Workspaces and Quality Center Projects are converted to Test Repositories.
- The following actions have been updated to use Test Repository parameters: Compare Test Plans, Copy Test Plans, Cover Requirements, Create Requirements, Create Test Lab, Create Test Plan Hierarchy, Discover BPT Components, Get Entity Fields, Move Test Plans, Report BPT Components, Reset BPT Components, Search Requirements, Search Test Labs, Uncover Requirements, Update Test Lab.
- Create Test Execution actions create test executions in the specified Test Repository.
- Read Test Repository Cache actions read the cache data associated with the specified Test Repository.
- Search Test Repository actions search the specified Test Repository to find test assets that match a supplied set of tokens.
- Write Test Repository Cache actions store table data in a cache associated with the specified Test Repository.
- The Test Audit App has been updated to use a Test Repository parameter.
- The following Impact Analysis templates which used Quality Center Project parameters are no longer available: Search Test Plans and Create Test Lab, Search Test Plans, Create Test Lab.
- A batch file named set_admin_email on the LiveCompare server may be used to set the email address associated with the ‘admin’ account. This allows the account’s password to be reset using the ‘Can’t access your account?’ link on the logon screen.
- Dashboard report treemaps provide a visual representation of a data tree stored in a Table dataset.
- Treemaps are used in the Smart Impact App’s Dashboard report to provide a visual representation of the not impacted, impacted and most-at-risk objects.
A problem with table comparisons has been resolved for tables with negative values in key fields of type QUANT. This caused a ‘table has bogus data in its keys’ error in the Quick Compare Wizard. The Compare SAP Tables action also returned a comparison status of ‘Can’t Compare’ for these tables.
- A problem with the Create Hierarchy Report action has been resolved, which caused a 404 - File or directory not found error when accessing a Class object from the Analysis Summary section of the report.
- A problem with the SAP HANA Migration Assessment App has been resolved, which caused incorrect values in the Training and Testing sections of the Scope of Work spreadsheet.
- A problem has been resolved where the results for a renamed App were stored with original App following an upgrade.
- A problem with the View Project screen has been resolved, which caused the Edit button to be hidden if the browser display was too narrow.
- A problem with the Configuration Wizard has been resolved, which caused an error if the LiveCompare server name was longer than 15 characters.
- A problem has been resolved which occasionally caused the Tricentis LiveCompare Application Server service to crash when switching workflows. As a result, the installation program no longer adds an SQLite pragma entry to the registry.
- This release of LiveCompare uses the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tricentis registry folder on the LiveCompare server.
- All LiveCompare log files include the LiveCompare product name and version in their header. Workflow log files include the name of the workflow.